There are two main areas involved in a visit to the Data Centre:
- The Gallery and Museum.
- The Data Centre VisitPoint permanent exhibition.
Reservation is compulsory for any visit to the Data Centre areas in order to avoid tour-group clashes, and also to respect fire hazard/safety limits in these zones.
Standard visits of the general public, schools, non-scientific associations etc., should go through the CERN Visits Service (Tel: 78484, Email: email@example.com) who will take care of reserving the Data Centre.
Note that the standard times for visits by the Visits Service are 11h00-12h00 and 16h00-17h00 everyday and Saturday.
VIPs, academic, industrial partners etc
See 'Access and Bookings' under 'Visitpoint' in the left-hand menu (login to this site using your CERN credentials if menu entry not visible).
Reminder of the safety rules for the Data Centre
- Maximum number of visitors at any one time (including 1 or 2 guides per group) is:
- 25 in the Data Centre VisitPoint room;
- 19 in the Gallery and 19 in the Museum;
- 19 in the Data Centre (VIP visits only)
- Please see the noise protection regulations if guiding in the Data Centre itself.
- Visitors must stay together with the guide at all times – no wandering permitted.
- Access to the DC is only possible with guides (staff) who have followed the correct training and have sufficient access rights on their CERN access cards.
- Minimum age of visitors:
- For the DataCentre Visitpoint: 10 years old;
- For inside the Data Centre: 13 years old, and under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.