Standard configurations of Laptops are available from the CERN stores. These configurations are established and updated once a year when the new laptop contract is established to fulfil the requirements of the majority of CERN users in a cost-effective way both from the point of view of material cost and contract management.
- Firstly you have to choose the dedicated SCEM for a custom config, depending of the brand (DELL, HP, LENOVO) as described on the picture below.
80.03.05.900.0 (Generic DELL Laptop SCEM)
80.03.05.920.0 (Generic LENOVO Laptop SCEM)
80.50.01.900.0 (Generic HP Z440 Workstation)
- In a second time you will have to build your custom configuration with a tool listing all options available here for laptops and here for workstations. Once validated a email will be sent with your custom configuration.
- You have to attach this quote to your EDH request as described below.
Logistics cost must be added to your configuration. It covers the following operations: order management, goods reception, transfer to central warehouse, control, serial number registration (obligatory for CERN inventory and after sales management), packaging and internal distribution. SCEM « Logistics Cost » to add in the EDH material request: 80.03.05.900.6Please note that this SCEM will be manually added later on if not present in the EDH material request.
The total amount of the order you are signing is a global price (around 2000 CHF) and will be adjusted during the order. The real price (laptop + options + logistic cost) will be charged to your budget code.
- If you intend to buy stuff related to computers via the CERN Punch -out system (Distrelec), please note that all your exchange (repair service, etc.) have to be done through them and not via the official CERN stores channel.
- the delivery time for non-standard configurations is between 2 to 8 weeks.