on September 17th at 18h, a new version of VidyoDesktop all platforms will be published on vidyoportal.cern.ch. Upon connection to your first meeting after this time, you will be prompt to upgrade. Upgrade can be postponed to the next time you join.
There will be no service interruption.
The main changes are:
- slight improvements of look&feel
- faster search
- the favorites list and the search results now group all of a user’s owned rooms that user’s pop-up screen
- the ability to mute audio/video individually before joining a meeting (in addition to the feature built in the Indico on room creation)
- the ability to share screen before joining the meeting
- bug fixing and stability improvement on several Linux distributions
- supports 4K decoding for up to 4x1080p streams
- added support for the Dutch language
The release notes are available here:
In case of issues or problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org