This service provides support regarding the development, maintenance and support of the Indico web application used for organizing events at CERN. Indico also allows the booking of CERN physical meeting rooms.
Indico provides features for the management of the entire conference lifecycle, as well as for meetings and single lectures:
- Tree-like structure, organized into categories. Each category may either contain other categories, or contain simple events.
- Automatic web page creation for the events.
- Event evaluation surveys.
- Automatic notifications (i.e., automatically remembering all the participants in a meeting that it will take place today);
- For Conferences:
- Registration form customization.
- On-line payment support.
- Abstract submission and reviewing.
- Paper submission and reviewing.
- Besides these basic features, Indico provides as well:
- An integrated room booking system, extensible, and currently in use at CERN (replacing the old CERN Room Booking System).
- Integrated support for videoconferencing software (i.e. Vidyo).
- Integrated workflow for recording and webcast requests.
- Chatroom management.
- Exportation of information in different formats: RSS feeds, iCal and MARCXML, for instance.
- Multilingual interface (internationalization).
- Support for different time zones.
- Accessible and usable interface.