The service is responsible for the public information screens installed in public places on the CERN sites.
It does not support the legacy cathodic TVs which still display the machine statuses on the old analogue TV cable network (CATV).
This service provides:
- Installation, maintenance and operation of the public screens and associated PCs
- Hosting, maintenance and operation of the necessary software client and central server (based on the Scala software suite http://scala.com/ ).
- Consulting on content creation
- Design, installation and maintenance of special interactive panels (totems).
- CERN Clubs totem (main building RDC)
- Globe Totem (main building RDC)
Support for this service is provided via the CERN service desk. For details, see the service portal.