As a software engineer in the CS Group, CT section you will participate in the design, development and maintenance of the software suite used to model, configure, support and manage the CERN networks and telecom infrastructures. Notably :
- Maintain and further develop the IT/CS Web interfaces used by all CERN users to request network/telephony changes.
- Together with the other members of the team, participate in the design and development of new modules for the internal IT/CS network and telecom management framework, such as network and IP telephony automation/provisioning.
- Promote and develop DevOps processes and tools to further increase the automation and the quality of the produced software.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Propose and implement changes in our database model and network APIs in order to support service integration solutions in the CERN data centres.
- Stay up to date on latest software technology trends.
The candidate should have demonstrated practical experience in several of the following areas:
- Development and maintenance of large software packages in Java.
- Software development life cycle: unit testing, continuous integration, version control.
- Database design and working knowledge of SQL.
Experience in one or more of the following would be an asset:
- Services deployment within cloud-native environments (Docker / Kubernetes).
- Understanding of network concepts (TCP/IP addressing) and protocols (DNS, DHCP, etc…).