As a Database Engineer in the Database Services (DB) Group, your main activities will consist of:
- Database administration of MySQL, PostgreSQL and InfluxDB databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Database administration of other database technologies of interest for the High Energy Physics community.
- Configuration and support of database platforms: architecture, evolution, migration, upgrades and patches, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Consultancy, assistance and advice to end users as well as database design help.
- Sharing domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to peers.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in following fields:
- Operation of large scale production database environments.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills with relational and non-relational databases: at least two out of PostgreSQL, MySQL and InfluxDB.
- Performance tuning, query optimisation, replication techniques, clustering, partitioning and security issues.
- Database backups, restores and recovery.
- Knowledge and experience in Open Source database solutions.
- SQL development with ability to write and troubleshoot SQL code (stored procedures, functions, tables, indexes, constraints).
Additional experience in following fields would be an asset:
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery for PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Database operations experience in an Agile development environment - Exposure to puppet configuration management.
- Experience with containers.