Smartphones (iPhone, Android)
Please find below some advices and information related to the use and configuration of the most popular of smartphones:
- MAC service
- ANDROID service
- GOOD PRACTICE GUIDE
- Swisscom help and support - Apple / Nokia / Samsung / other devices (en/fr)
- iPad and iPhone Community web site (archived)
- First steps for Samsung phones:
How to limit roaming charges for Data transfer?
Smartphones are heavily dependent on the internet and consume much more Data than the traditional mobile phones (push e-mail option, download of the whole email with attachments, free applications etc.). Please note that the roaming charges for Data transfer can be expensive depending on the country. More details on tariffs are available here: Communication and Data transfer tariffs
The best way to avoid excessive and accidental Data usage is to disable the Data Roaming AND location services and unblock it only if needed:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Cellular-> Data roaming: OFF
- Then go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> OFF
- You can control your Data transfer usage in the menu: Settings -> General -> Usage-> Cellular Network Data
- S4, S5, S6, A5, A50, S10: Go to Settings -> Connections -> More Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Uncheck the option ”Data Roaming”
- Xcover 3: Go to Settings -> Wireless and networks -> More settings -> Mobile Networks -> Uncheck the option ”Data Roaming”
For any other device please refer to your phone user's guide.
How to remotely wipe a Smartphone?
Please follow this procedure.