BlueGriffon has serious problems on recent versions of macOS, the authors don't appear to react on bugreports. So we stopped making BlueGriffon available via the Self-Service.
What is BlueGriffon ?
It runs on Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux. BlueGriffon complies with the W3C's web standards. It can create and edit pages in accordance to HTML 4, XHTML 1.1, HTML 5 and XHTML 5. It supports CSS 2.1 and all parts of CSS 3 already implemented by Gecko.
BlueGriffon also includes SVG-edit, an XUL-based editor for SVG that is originally distributed as an add-on to Firefox and was adapted to BlueGriffon.
How to install BlueGriffon?
How to use BlueGriffon ?
- BlueGriffon Tutorial: How to Design a Website with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 1)
- How to Add Pictures and a Site Logo to Your Website with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 2)
- How to Change Fonts and Customize the Text on Your Web Page with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 3)
- How to Change the Background Colour of Your Web Page in BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 4)
- How to Make Text and Images into Clickable Links with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 5)
- How to Add a Navigation Menu to Your Website with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 6)
- How to Create Multiple Pages for Your Website with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 7)
- How to Publish (Upload) Your Website with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 8)
- How to Add a Contact Form to Your Website with BlueGriffon 2 and 3 (Chapter 9)
The user manual is available online, only for CERN users, here
What are the differences between the free version and the commercial one ?
The Basic version add :
- The user's manual
- Responsive design
- Fullscreen mode
- CSS Editor Pro with Media Queries, CSS Variables and even a visual CSS Selector editor!
- Table Layout Manager with 44 predefined layouts, all strictly CSS-based
- MathML Editor panel (based on ASCIIMathML)
- Code Snippets panel
- One-Click Templates Manager with ~2,500 free templates
- Mobile Viewer
- EyeDropper, a colorpicker allowing to select a color from anywhere on screen(s) (Windows and Linux only)
- PUTter, to publish a document and the local resources attached to that document through HTTP PUT
- Thumbnail manager
- Word count warnings
- Project Manager
The Epub edition add all the necessary features to produce quality Epub contents:
- EPUB 2
- EPUB 3.0
- EPUB 3.1
- full metadata editing support for EPUB 2, 3 and 3.1
- copy/paste between EPUB and all flavors of html