1 New internal mobility in IT-CS
As a member of the Telecom and Radio (TR) Section in the CS Group, you will participate in the development, operation and evolution of CERN’s VoIP (Voice-over-IP) telephony infrastructure and services, and in particular by:
- Contributing to the design, development, integration and maintenance of telephony services based on Open-Source solutions (Asterisk/Kamailio).
- Participating to the phase-out of CERN’s legacy analogue and ISDN telephony infrastructure and its replacement by state-of-the-art, SIP-based mobile and desktop softphone applications.
- Leading the development and deployment of call centre applications for CERN’s control and service centres.
- Ensuring the proper integration of these services within the CERN’s Puppet-based Agile Infrastructure and DevOps tools.
- Participating to daily service management, which includes building and deployment of software packages, performance and availability monitoring, fault analysis and correction, as well as providing engineering-level support.
- Producing procedures and documentation following the ITIL recommendations to be used by technicians and engineers in operational activities.
Required skills include:
- In-depth and hands-on experience in the development, deployment and maintenance of highly-available, clustered distributed computing infrastructures based on open-source packages.
- Experience in the management and operation of scalable, Linux-based, multi-tier web and back-end services.
- Proven experience in the field of complex systems integration involving legacy systems.
- Experience deploying services within cloud-native virtualised environments.
- Good knowledge of SQL, database systems, and their integration with Java/Python based applications.
Additional experience in one or more of the following areas would be an asset:
- Experience in the development and operation of VoIP services using Asterisk, Kamailio, FreeSwitch or OpenSIPS.
- Experience in the management and operation of legacy VoIP systems (such as Alcatel OmniPCX).
- Experience in application testing, deployment and debugging on mobile Android/iOS environments.
- Experience in the design and operation of complex IP-based networks.