Duty travel


As soon as you know of a travel you will have to make on CERN business, you need to fill in the EDH Travel form. Please make sure your Traveldoo profile is up-to-date: in particular, sections "Personal details", "telephones and email", "Passport" (and "Loyalty programs" if any).

Once your travel request has been approved by your Group Leader and the budget holder, you can mark your absence in EDH and start booking your flights, trains and/or rental cars (at destination) through Traveldoo.

Please note that transport must be booked by CERN: either through the Online Booking Tool (flights) or the onsite CWT agency (Traveldoo homepage: "create a travel request" - top right corner).

Public transport or the CERN Airport Shuttle must be used whenever possible. The use of taxi should be limited to duly justified cases (no suitable public transport, bulky equipment to carry, strenuous travel conditions). If taxi transfer to Geneva airport is necessary, please note that you should park at CERN; the secretariat will order a taxi voucher for you prior to departure.

When travelling to the USA, please remember to take your UNIQA card with you. More information available on the CHIS pages.

If you need a visa to travel to Russia, please follow the admin eGuide procedure.

Assistance before and during an official travel:

CERN has partnered with a specialized travel assistance company, International SOS (ISOS), to provide medical and security assistance to its members of personnel traveling for official purposes. You can find the details of their services and practical information on the corresponding admin eGuide page.


When you return from your trip, you will receive a notification from EDH to confirm your itinerary. Please note that all the questions need to be answered carefully: itinerary, meals, hotel nights and other expenses, etc. Until Traveldoo allows for hotel booking, you are requested to attach a scan of your hotel bill to your Travel request.

NB: The same rules apply for lecturers invited by CERN. See "Reimbursement formalities" for additional information.

LATEST NEWS (28.04.2021)

The new Travel form is now live and Traveldoo is available to all members of personnel.