1 New Internal Mobility Opportunity (IT-CDA)
26 Nov 2019
Type of notice
Printing Services Manager
- Investigate new technologies to ensure the evolution and implementation of CERN printing services in line with the end user device strategy;
- Ensure technical supervision and monitor service delivery of two underlying service contracts and oversee operations of the CERN Print Shop;
- Operate and ensure the evolution of the underlying server infrastructure, currently based on Microsoft Windows Server 2016;
- Implement end-user device configuration tools, currently based on Microsoft .Net;
- Coordinate the external suppliers and act as technical contact for the various contracts;
- Select and test new print device hardware as required
- Deploy printer drivers for Windows, Linux and macOS and enable printing from Android and iOS devices (currently mail to print);
- Implement print device security in cooperation with CERN Computer Security and Printer Support teams;
- Promote standardisation across all printing services, in particular as materials expert for the Organization;
- Oversee recharging of services/consumables and manage budgets;
- Manage external printing contracts and re-tender as required.
Required Experience and Competencies
- Experience and aptitude for user support in a diverse environment;
- Experience in programming and server infrastructure administration.
- Service management and Customer Relationship management;
- Development, review and plan evolution of computing infrastructure for printing;
- Administration of computing systems: good understanding of printing infrastructures and client print interfaces, knowledge of Windows Server;
- Knowledge of programming techniques and languages: at least one of the following: C#, Java, Python.
13 Aug 2020