1 New Internal Mobility Opportunity (IT-CDA)
17 Sep 2019
Type of notice
Audio-visual technician (IT-CDA-IC)
As an audio-visual technician in the CERN conference rooms service, you will, alongside the person in charge of the service:
- Ensure that the equipment in the conference and meeting rooms is standardised (customer relations, project management, selection, ordering, installation and testing of equipment: projectors, LCD screens, video/audioconference facilities, public address systems, interpreting systems, etc.).
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the maintenance of the conference and meeting rooms (planning and ordering equipment, monitoring the work of the support team, which comprises six persons).
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the operation of the conference and meeting rooms (preparation of rooms, technical support for users, monitoring the work of the support team).
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the response to requests for audio-visual support and customer relations for event management, in particular VIP visits.
- Supervise and sometimes undertake the installation of temporary mobile public address systems and projection systems for special events.
- Programme and update the Extron and Crestron equipment controllers.
- Collaborate actively with the webcast, recording and videoconferencing services.
Required skills include
- In-depth knowledge of audio equipment and techniques
- In-depth knowledge of audio-visual and conference room equipment.
- Working knowledge of videoconferencing systems.
- Knowledge of acoustic simulation software
- Knowledge of simultaneous interpreting systems.
- Knowledge of multi-camera video mixers.
- Practical knowledge of programming Extron and Crestron automated controllers.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD or similar software
Duration: 5 years
Contact person: Thomas Baron
17 Sep 2019