The availability calendar for the room can be consulted here: https://publicoutreach.cern.ch/outreach/
Opening hours for visits:
- Monday: 10am - 7pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 8am - 7pm
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Please note that when a group is in the DCVP, a red light is displayed above the door in the corridor outside to indicate the room is occupied. The red light goes out only when the sensors in the room do not detect any movement for five minutes (ie. after a group has left). A ‘grey’/off light will indicate the room is empty.
Safety rules for the Data Centre
- Maximum number of visitors at any one time (including 1 or 2 guides per group) is:
- 25 in the Data Centre VisitPoint room;
- 19 in the Gallery and 25 in the Museum;
- 19 in the Data Centre (VIP visits only)
- Please see the noise protection regulations if guiding in the Data Centre itself.
- Visitors must stay together with the guide at all times – no wandering permitted.
- Access to the DC is only possible with guides (staff) who have followed the correct training and have sufficient access rights on their CERN access cards.
- Minimum age of visitors:
- For the DataCentre Visitpoint: 10 years old;
- For inside the Data Centre: 13 years old, and under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
Booking the Data Centre Visit Point
In order to use the Data Centre VisitPoint ("DCVP"), you must have:
A confirmed room booking - see procedure below.
ADaMS access granted.
This is automatic for IT Department staff.
For non-IT staff, this will require you to attend DCVP training, and you can only access the room on the day of your booking. See Be a Guide for further information.
Main DCVP Exhibition Room ("Data Centre Visitor Point")
Please note that under no circumstances is anyone permitted to enter the room ad hoc.
To book the room:
- Check room availability at https://publicoutreach.cern.ch/outreach/
- Make your request using this private guided tour request form.
If you are a guide, and would like to practise using the room before your tour, you must book the room to do this by following the above procedure.
Inside the Data Centre ("Data Centre Inside")
This concerns requests for VIPs,Press Office, Protocol Office, arts@CERN, etc.
Same procedure applies as above.
If your booking is confirmed, you will have on-the-day access to "Data Centre Inside". Please contact the IT Secretariat if you require further information.