Simone Campana, Xavier Espinal
- ITUM provides a technical update on IT department services, including ‘heads-up’ information on future plans and is aimed at technical experts within CERN's Experiments and User Communities.
- Exchange technical information on IT department services and plans
- Understand the impact on users for planned service changes and trends
- Ensure strategic IT technical information reaches the ITUM communities
- Identify in advance potential issues at an early stage and escalate to ensure follow-up, mitigation and fixing
- ITUM Meeting Frequency: 3 meetings per year
- Time: 10% FTE as a Connector as a chair, 10% FTE as a Connector as a secretary. The appointments are for 2 years.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of IT Activities and Services
- Get experience with the stakeholders and functions of IT Department and gain awareness of global IT needs for the broad CERN Experiments community
- Take the notes of the meetings, keep an action list up to date. Ensure the notes and the action lists are stored and distributed in a timely manner shortly after the meeting.
- Agree on the meeting dates and venues. Reserve rooms, setup video conferencing (if needed), and help the chair in handling INDICO
- Assistance to the chair: tasks and follow-up actions might be delegated to secretaries
- Strong interpersonal skills. In particular:
- Listening, empathy, tact and diplomacy
- Build relationships based on trust and respect
- Handle/defuse potentially conflicting situations
- Ability to see beyond the surface of a problem to the root cause (technical or human)
- Ability to succinctly summarise problems
- Ability to identify further engagement opportunities, thinking out of the box and building from candidate technical expertise(s)