1 New Internal Mobility Opportunity (IT-CDA)
Computing Engineer (IT-CDA-AD)
The Applications and Devices section manages server infrastructure for over 800 servers, supports 10,000 devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, screens and printers and provides over 100 applications including tools for mechanical engineering, mathematics and electronic design automation, as well as general productivity applications, anti-virus and configuration management tools.
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure smooth operation and maintenance of Windows server infrastructure,
- Orchestrate service provisioning based on Openstack and Openshift,
- Contribute to redesign and evolve terminal servers, print servers, licence servers and filers including possible migration towards Open Source solutions,
- Contribute to redesign service monitoring, backup and recovery procedures,
- Provide and support commercial applications, including electronic design automation tools for FPGA design (ex.: Intel Quartus, Xilinx Vivado) and structural analysis and field calculation tools (ex. ANSYS, COMSOL, CST) and provide engineering tools for a High Performance Computing environment.
This post requires:
- Experience in Windows server administration and initial experience in system administration on Linux,
- Initial experience in deploying micro-services based on Docker.
- System software administration competency and scripting for Windows and Linux. Knowledge of PowerShell.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Python, C#.
Knowledge and experience in designing FPGA-based electronics will be considered an advantage.