1 New Internal Mobility Opportunity (IT-CM)
11 Dec 2019
Type of notice
Monitoring Infrastructure Engineer
- Participation to the operations, development and improvement of the Monitoring service.
- User support on monitoring for other IT services and joining the regular support rota for the IT and WLCG users.
- Advice and solution design to IT service managers and LHC experiments staff on the use of the unified monitoring infrastructure and of the monitoring data.
- Daily management of the monitoring services which includes third level service user support, deployment of software packages, operation of the service with verification of performance and security.
- Automation using Agile/DevOps tools such as Puppet to support monitoring within the standard CERN IT procedures.
- Interaction and contribution to Open Source communities such and Grafana, Prometheus and Collectd.
- Definition, documentation and implementation of procedures following the standards of the IT Department.
- Close collaboration with other IT groups, departments and physics experiments at CERN.
- Proven experience in software development, with knowledge of established open source technologies such as Collectd, Prometheus, Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB and Grafana.
- Managing large scale server deployments in a complex environment such as OpenStack cloud services or virtualisation systems such as KVM.
- Performing automation tasks using scripting languages such as Python and deploying services using configuration system solutions such as Puppet.
- Analysis of performance to scale them to the monitoring infrastructure to an ever-growing world load.
11 Dec 2019