1 New Internal Mobility Opportunity (IT-CS)
As a software engineer in the CS group, TR section, you will participate in developing and delivering new VoIP (Voice-over-IP) solutions for mobile and desktop devices, and notably:
- Contributing to the design, development, deployment and maintenance of mobile and desktop softphone client applications and back-end services, interfacing them with CERN’s Asterisk-based fixed telephony services.
- Ensuring proper integration with the CERN’s Puppet-based Agile Infrastructure and DevOps tools.
- Participating in daily service management: building and deployment of software packages, performance and availability monitoring, engineering-level support and computing security.
- Producing procedures and documentation following ITIL recommendations.
The candidate should have demonstrated practical experience in several of the following areas:
- Extensive experience developing scalable, Linux-based, multi-tier web and back-end services using REST-based API’s/microservices; frameworks like Flask, Spring Boot, React, Electron; libraries including Redux, Node Keytar, Jest, Pytest.
- Demonstrated experience in the software development life cycle: unit testing, continuous integration, version control.
- Good knowledge of SQL, database systems, and their integration with Python/Java based applications.
Experience in one or more of the following would be an asset:
- Experience in the development of VoIP client and back-end applications and/or in deploying VoIP services (Asterisk, Kamailio).
- Experience in application testing, deployment and debugging on mobile Android/iOS environments.
- Experience in mobile Android/iOS development tools and frameworks (Android Studio, XCode) as well as programming languages and libraries (Java, Objective-C, Swift).
- Experience deploying services within cloud-native environments (Kubernetes / OpenShift).