1 New Internal Mobility Opportunity (IT-ST)
Computing Engineer (ST-AD, Analysis and Design)
As part of the storage development team in the ST-AD section the candidate will contribute to the design, development and optimisation of large scale data transfer and data storage solutions for the physics community at CERN and the World-Wide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG). The main tasks will be:
- Develop the data transfer system implementation for CERN and WLCG experiments.
- Support the data transfer services (user support and incident response) including the participation of on- call duties.
- Maintain/improve service documentation (procedures, regular reports, incident analysis and user documentation) together with other members of the AD section.
- Contribute actively to the evolution of the CERN data management services (service evolution, service or data migration).
Required skills include:
- In-depth experience in Object-oriented software design on Linux and implementation in C++
- Practical experience with development, testing and debugging of distributed systems
- Practical experience with scripting in Python
These additional skills would be an asset:
- Distributed trust systems and public key infrastructures
- Current networking and storage technologies such as software defined networking and distributed/cloud storage systems
- Database development (with MySQL or similar)
- Cluster-wide configuration and deployment tools such as Puppet, Docker/Kubernetes