1 New Part Time (20%) Internal Mobility opportunity
Technical Manager of the CERN School of Computing (CSC)
The job of the CSC Technical Manager is to:
- Prepare and maintain the environment for the hands-on exercises - including VM images, physical machines at CERN, firewall openings, web server etc.
- In coordination with the local organisers, ensure that the network and the necessary equipment are available at school premises (lecture and exercise rooms, secretariat, accommodation etc.)
- Provide tools for, and perform or contribute to various important tasks, such as generating the booklet, preparing the exam, checking exam results, and producing feedback report.
- Maintain CSC computing infrastructure (website, storage space) and preserve data repositories of past schools (e.g. alumni database and photo archive).
- Contribute to the general organisation of the Schools, and organise certain social or sport activities
There are three schools organized every year: the inverted CSC in March at CERN (3-4 days), as well as the two schools outside of CERN: the Thematic CSC in May/June (one week), and the main CSC in September (two weeks) - held in a different country every year.
This position requires being physically present during the three schools per year (including the two remote ones), and additional 1-2 short travels per year to prepare future schools.
If you are computer engineer proficient with various technologies and happy to learn others; can travel a few times per year (for the two schools organized outside of CERN, and in addition 1-2 short travels to prepare future schools) and work outside of your office; and are happy to meet new people and get involved also in the social and sports aspects of the schools, then we hope to hear from you!
Please do not hesitate to contact Sebastian Lopienski (school director), Joelma Tolomeo (the administrative manager) or Nikos Kasioumis (the technical manager) to learn more about this position.
This opportunity does not necessarily imply a change of group.