2 New Internal Mobility Opportunities (IT-ST)
The candidates will join the service development, deployment and operation (DevOps) activities of the Storage (ST) group.
One position is in the GSS (General Storage Services) section, for operation and service management of end-user storage backends (AFS, EOS, CEPH, ...). The position will initially focus on AFS service management.
And another position on the PDS (Physics Data Storage) section, to contribute to the service operation and development of EOS, the CERN large-scale distributed storage system, including further automation of the system and support of the physics community at CERN, and in the World-Wide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG).
The main tasks will be:
- Participate in the service operation and deployment of the large scale storage services provided by the group
- Contribute to the development and further automation of the CERN storage systems.
- Participate in the support effort provided by the group (user support and incident response) for the storage services including the participation to on- call duties.
- Contribute to the documentation of storage systems developed by the group (including deployment guides and end user documentation) together with other members of the section.
Required skills include:
- Experience in system administration and software design on Linux. Programming experience in in C++, python and shell scripting
- Concrete experience with the development or deployment or operation of long-running system level services
- Practical experience with development, testing, debugging or supporting distributed systems