2 New Internal Mobility Opportunities
Computing Engineer (CDA-AD, Applications and Devices)
The computing engineer will maintain and develop the existing portfolio of over 100 applications, manage licences, automate installations and provide end-user support for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. At the same time, the engineer will create software tools and deploy 3rd party management solutions in line with the CERN’s Application Management Policy.
Required competencies are:
- System administration and scripting for Windows Server, Windows 10 and macOS,
- Software development/programming in C#, VB.Net, Java, Objective-C or Swift,
- Usability evaluation and application support: provisioning, packaging, deployment and maintenance of applications according to user requirements.
In addition, this position requires experience in both web and mobile software development.
Full-stack Web Development Software Engineer (CDA-DR, Digital Repositories)
The full-stack software engineer will be working on the development of new modules and functionalities for the Invenio Digital Library Framework and related services. Such a position requires a demonstrated experience with the full-stack web development of large software projects involving design and development of user interfaces, web application back-ends, front-ends and database schema management. It is also important that the selected person has some domain expertise in Digital Repositories, Preservation, Archiving and Record management.
Technically the engineer must have the following competencies:
* Backend development: high expertise in python programming using Flask Framework. Experience writing REST APIs and with the following technologies: RabbitMQ, Celery and Flower.
* Front-end development: demonstrated experience with web UI technologies and toolkits such as SASS, Twitter Bootstrap and AngularJS (or similar). It is a plus to have knowledge of user experience and usability practices.
* Database/Repository design: experience with database management systems (PostgreSQL), object-relational mapping libraries (e.g. SQLAlchemy, Alembic) as well as Elasticsearch and Redis.
* Configuration management: building/maintaining configuration templates & parameters (OpenStack, OpenShift is a plus); and also knowledge of container-based technologies (e.g. Docker).