ROLE - IT Project Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Member
The IT PMO provides a consistent oversight of the portfolio of projects in which the IT department is engaged. It gives support to project managers for running projects in an efficient way and achieve its objectives, and to relevant review boards for decision making. The PMO defines and maintains the project management methodology necessary to manage and monitor the portfolio of projects
As a member of this team, you will contribute to the following tasks:
- Support for IT project managers throughout the whole project lifecycle, in particular:
- Providing up to date project templates, checklists, best practices and lessons learnt documentation
- Providing support to manage the project, and report about it: build the plan, report on milestones and deliverables, training, risk assessment, etc.
- Define and maintain the project management methodology that will be used to manage projects in IT, by providing and maintaining up to date project lifecycle workflows and templates
- Support for the relevant review boards (e.g., project portfolio review) in their decision-making process, in particular:
- Maintaining the project catalogue up to date and providing a consolidated view of all projects
- Providing project dashboards and reports that meet the needs of the relevant review boards
- Maintaining the project documentation repository
As a successful applicant, you are:
- Interested in project management and related data, including project budget, risks, resource allocation.
- A person with good written and verbal communication skills.
- A person with good organizational skills, able to focus on details and willing to follow a structured approach with well-defined processes and plans
- Motivated and willing to support and encourage colleagues to follow a project management methodology
- Able of collaborating, sharing information and workload with the other members of the PMO team and with the project leaders in a constructive way
- Able to commit to this role for a duration of 1-3 years at 20-30% of workload, depending on the number of projects to be managed, the size of the team and your role in the team
Contact person: Maria Alandes Pradillo
For reference: IT Internal Selection Process for Part-Time Roles